www.flickr.com
n3bulous' items Go to n3bulous' photostream

Thursday, July 24, 2008

First purchased iPhone app: SmartSokoban

I generally do not buy applications unless absolutely necessary and usually only the best in class. I've purchased VMware Fusion, OmniFocus (if it had support for time keeping, billing, and simple reporting I'd probably use it), and OmniGraffle.

However, for $4.99, SmartSokoban (AppStore link) is worth all 499 pennies. Sokoban is a puzzle game where you have to move boxes around a maze and set them in the appropriate place. The trick is you may only push boxes. This implementation has very slick looking and minimalistic graphics, in fact it looks better than any other implementation I've seen. It also features the option to download additional Sokoban level libraries.

Of course, SmartSokoban could use a few features like counting how many moves, concurrent level libraries, and many other obvious ones, but it is brilliant in its current simplicity.

P.S. If anyone figures out the level 11, let me know. I'm pretty sure it is unsolvable.

3 comments:

Sameah said...

I'm trying now for days and cannot continue, very sad.

Sameah said...

Ok, I found the solution in this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbvWNl9Lf_4

Kevin said...

Oh wow, they cheated! I would never have expected them to have more boxes than resting places.

Thanks for finding the video!