www.flickr.com
n3bulous' items Go to n3bulous' photostream

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 27: Grand, Isn't It?

I'll upload the pictures of the Grand Canyon (as well as the other pics from Utah) as soon as I get some bandwidth. No Verizon service out here in the sticks, but luckily I'm getting dialup speeds out of my AT&T USB adapter.

I didn't do much today besides sleep in (accidentally) and score the last hotel room at the Jacob Lake Inn, the owner of which, John Rich, was at the birthday party I attended on Saturday in St George. Of course I found out he was the owner (well, his family owns it) after he had left and I hadn't met him!

I did attend a brief presentation of the geology of the Grand Canyon, and took two short hikes.

The big news, I suppose, is my first true riding screw up. I was going around a left curve and shifted my weight onto my left testicle causing me to shift off, angling me off the road. I'm perfectly fine, though the bike sustained some ugly scratches to the right side where it scraped some rock.

Tomorrow I'm slowing it down by riding a mule down into the Canyon...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God the scratches are on the bike and not you. Try not to get any scratches on the MULES! That might not be pretty either. You are still the King Adventurer. Does your immediate family know about your trip YET?

ktfarrell16 said...

Nuts!!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I am squirming in my office chair just thinking about the...er...suprise going around that corner. I echo the Segal's concern. Take it easy there Cuz. Looking forward to the pictures.

Anonymous said...

sorry, i'm sure it was awful and painful and terrifying, but the way you retold it made me crack up. kind of a lot.

sounds like the mule was more agreeable, all things considered.