www.flickr.com
n3bulous' items Go to n3bulous' photostream

Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 30: Viva Las Vegas, a little early

I caught the morning shuttle to Flagstaff where I picked up a rental truck and drove it back to the South Rim. I then requisitioned the help of about 9 park service personnel to help me run the bike up the ramp. Actually, I asked for 3, and then like a Disney movie, the petite, blonde ranger started singing "It's a small world" and more rangers appeared out of the woods. I'm not kidding! After securing the bike with some nifty knots I looked up online, I headed to Vegas, baby.

Here are my first thoughts on Vegas:
  • From 90 miles away I could see the light of the city, as if the second coming was imminent.
  • In Vegas, the lights go all the way up to 11. I've never seen anything so bright.
  • The Luxor is much more impressive when it isn't viewed next to the buildings twice as tall.
  • A corvette completely took my 16' Budget truck off the line. What's funny is my bike in the hold could completely kick his ass assuming I was on a level surface when I stopped.
Tomorrow I drop the bike off at BMW where they told me they'd do an express fix-er-up-er and then I'll ride the rollercoaster on the roof of one of the hotels the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the more frequent updates, and I'm glad you are there, in one piece, so far ;-) !! Has your adventure so far been everything that you'd hoped for? What's the plan post-Vegas? See ya in the morning, cuz!

Kevin said...

The adventure has been fun and useful. Sadly the South Rim stuff has me down a bit, but I'm looking forward to finishing up the trip in California: Joshua Tree, LA, Rt 1, then SF.