www.flickr.com
n3bulous' items Go to n3bulous' photostream

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day 3: Sherman had it easier

Now that the pictures are all up, I can just get on w/ posting the literary (laugh) portion of this blog...

This morning I listened to Rebekah give a report on the water cycle. She had really good slides and presented them very well. Hopefully my comments helped her out.

The highway in and out of Raleigh to the west is not a pleasant ride, so I decided to take Rt 64 to Charlotte before continuing to Atlanta. The ride was very nice and relaxing until I reached Rt 85, which is not pleasant as you approach Charlotte. I drove this way in a car last summer, but it is very different on a motorcycle.

For miles I saw signs in SC for a peach this and peach that, so I stopped since I needed a break anyway. Guess what? No fresh peaches in the entire store. I don't care if peaches weren't in season, there wasn't anything fresh in the store except some scraggly looking strawberries. I did pick up some great Vidalia Onion and Peach salsa as a gift for Nick and Brigid who were gracious enough to have me as a guest, seeing as I only knew Nick from IM and his time doing some great Drupal work for my old company.

I eventually rolled into Atlanta around 7pm. The traffic to get to Nick & Brigid's house was painful. I now know what giving birth must feel like for the baby, as they were trying to squeeze watermelons through these tiny roads with heavily imbalanced light changes. Their neighborhood is a bit sketchy, but their house and yard are nice. After numerous breakins last year, Nick bought a safe. I wish I had taken a picture because it is very impressive. I'm worried it will disrupt their foundation. Maybe it can be offset by their future washer and dryer... For dinner, Nick grilled us some awesomeness: stuffed green peppers, corn, and some bratworst for me (they are pretty strict vegetarians, but their grill isn't, thankfully!)

As you know, my parents and brother are in the dark about this trip. My friend Tim suggested I send them postcards along the way. I've made them fairly anonymous, but I'm sure they'll figure it out from the handwriting.

No comments: