www.flickr.com
n3bulous' items Go to n3bulous' photostream

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day 7: The King and I, Pt 2

Knowing nothing more than Graceland being Elvis' home, it turned out to be a surprise. I was expecting something more mansion like, but the house was respectable. The 60s and 70s weren't good for decor, though, and pretty much every room in the place was nightmarishly gaudy, but over all it was a very cool place.

I didn't realize quite a few things about Elvis, the main one that he wasn't "fat" Elvis until near the end. Most of his Vegas shows he looked older and overweight (due to his medication, not so much to alcohol and such) but not as drastic as most of the pictures I've seen that led me to believe that he was grotesquely overweight. Sadly, I don't know if those images were placed there by real pictures of him or parodies...

After Graceland I drove to Nowheresville, Arkansas. I mean I drove to Arkadelphia. Nothing to report. Move along...

No comments: